Published April 17, 2018
PITTSBURGH, PA - Time to sip some serious suds. One of the highlights of the year for area beer drinkers, Pittsburgh Craft Brewing Week, is so packed with events that it once again will last 10 days.
This annual collaboration between breweries, distributors, bottle shops and restaurants brings more than a full week of beer tastings, dinners pairing craft beer with great local food; special beers brewed exclusively for Craft Beer Week and meetings with the brewers behind your favorite beers.
What follows are some of the key events and activities occurring between April 20 and 29. For a full list, click here.
- Brewer's Ball: April 20, 7 p.m. Circuit Center/IBEW Local 5, South Side.
The 11th Annual Brewer's Ball presented by Fat Head's Saloon and Brewery. Each year, this beer tasting event event has hosted over 60 different types of brews presented by local craft breweries, wholesalers and more along with featured food from 15 Pittsburgh restaurants and brewpubs.
- City Brew Tours – Original Tour: April 21, 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Get to taste up to 16 different local craft brews around Pittsburgh while enjoying a deliciously paired lunch at one of the brew pub partners as well as round-trip transportation over the many bridges of the 'Burgh.
- Butler Brew Works/New Dimension Comics Kryptonite Beer Release: April 22, Caliente Draft Houses in Bloomfield, Hampton, Mt. Lebanon and Aspinwall.
The new Kryptonite beer is an Imperial Margarita Gose - and it's green, of course. Each draft will come with a Superman comic book to counteract the Kryptonite.
- City Works Happy Hour Tappings: April 23, 4 p.m., City Works, Market Square
Among the rare and exclusive beers to be tapped during this extremely happy hour: Founders KBS, Ballast Point Victory at Sea, Boulevard Jam Band and New Holland Dragon's Milk Reserve S'mores.
- Doing Art With East End and Troeg's, April 24, 6 p.m., Carson Street Deli, South Side.
Who says coloring is just for kids? The deli will be pouring East End & Troegs' collab, Born & Raised, as well as East End Big Hop, Troegs Sunshine Pils, and Troegs Scratch #318 (Lemondrop Double IPA). Troegs will provide coloring materials from their Art of Troegs collection.
- Dogfish Head Sampling: April 25, 6 p.m. , Crafthouse Stage and Grill, Baldwin.
During this night of sampling and giveaways you can enter to win a custom Crosely record player featuring artwork by Marq Spusta and enjoy Dogfish Head's newest creation, Dragons and Yum Yums. This collaboration between Dogfish Head and The Flaming lips bring together great music and great beer.
- Bells Beer Tasting & Specialty Cupcake Pairing, April 26, 7 p.m., Cousins Lounge, Millvale.
Some of Bells' best brews will be paired with delicious specialty cupcakes made by local baker Theresa Richter. Free Samples of beer and cupcases will be available and cupcakes also will be packaged for sale.
Gasoline Street Brew and Brew, April 27, 4 p.m., Gasoline Street Coffee Company, Downtown.
Come here for beer, coffee and beer made with coffee. Butler Brew Works will be pouring La Noche Triste coffee stout along with various other adventurous ales.
- Pancake Apocalypse , April 28, 10 a.m. Caliente Draft House, Mt. Lebanon.
Who can resist a flight of breakfast beers and all-you-can-eat pancakes?Beers include Founders KBS,Six Point's Barrel Aged Righteous, Single Cut Great Magnetic Field Oak Aged & Evil Twin/Westbrook Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break. Pancake toppings include cream, butter, syrup, blueberries and strawberries.
- Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby, April 29, 3 p.m. Spoonwood Brewing Co., Bethel Park.
There's a 25-player limit, $15 per entry. First place splits the money with charity of choice plus "Beer for a Year" growler refills. Second place wins a $15 gift card. The rest of the contestants have to wait until next year's Pittsburgh Craft Brewing Week.
Photo via Shutterstock.